Thursday, December 9, 2010

Nike Air Force NikeID Shoes


Guys can also customize clothing, but they only have a couple of tight running T-shirts. I would like to see some “normal” girly sport clothes that I can customize myself, but I guess we’ll have to wait for that. These are shoes that have a secret compartment in the left sole, where you can place the Nike+ iPod sensor. I haven’t mastered the iPod sensor yet (it doesn’t do completely what I want), but more about that another time.

What I found a bit weird though was that they didn’t have the model I wanted in my size to try out. For the shoes, this means you can let them stitch your name or a short phrase on the tongues of the shoes (or if you’re boring something like “Left” and “Right” or “Sinister” and “Dexter”). Beside the shoes, you can also customize bags and watches.

The coolest part of the customization choices is that you can put your iD on them. After running with these a couple of weeks, I have to say I love how comfortable they are. I might even wear them besides my running, although they might be a bit too shiny for that. I got a pair of Air Zoom Moira+ iD for my birthday, together with the iPod sensor. While working out, the sensor sends all types of information to your iPod.

If you are looking for new running shoes, these are pretty good, but they might be a bit expensive for some (80 pounds). Next to the regular NikeID shoes, you can also get Nike+ID.I had gone to the Nike Store at Oxford Circus (London), where they have a special section for Nike iD orders. Add the iPod sensor to that and that’s quite an investment into some sports gear. For me, it was absolutely worth it and if you’re willing to put a bit of money into it, this is by far the way to go. The guys there are quite helpful and you can try out and see the different designs and colors they have.